Carl Icahn Retreats from Dell Takeover
Icahn also said he would continue to publicly question corporate boards and management he considers are doing poor jobs for shareholders. The activist will take to Twitter to voice some of his opinions.
"If you are incensed by the actions of the Dell Board as much as I am, I hope you will choose to follow me on Twitter where from time to time I give my investment insights. I also intend to point out what I consider to be unconscionable actions by boards and discuss what remedies shareholders may take to change the situation," Icahn said.
In recent years, Icahn has won board seats on Chesapeake Energy (CHK) and Herbalife (HLF). The activist also recently used Twitter to announce a large stake in Apple (AAPL) and his opinion that the company should increase its cash payouts to shareholders.
--Written by Antoine Gara in New YorkFollow @antoineGara
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV