Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan (POT) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan as such a stock due to the following factors:
- POT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $246.8 million.
- POT traded 301,020 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:20 AM.
- POT is up 3.4% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in POT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for POT NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on POT: Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc., together with its subsidiaries, produces and sells fertilizers and related industrial and feed products primarily in the United States and Canada. The company mines and produces potash, which is used as fertilizer. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.7%. POT has a PE ratio of 11.6. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold.The average volume for Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan has been 12.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan has a market cap of $26.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 0.93 and a short float of 4% with 4.32 days to cover. Shares are down 26% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry average. The net income increased by 23.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $522.00 million to $643.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for POTASH CORP SASK INC is rather high; currently it is at 50.56%. Regardless of POT's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, POT's net profit margin of 29.99% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.34, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.98 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, POTASH CORP SASK INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $1,202.00 million or 1.63% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 1.63%, POTASH CORP SASK INC is in line with the industry average cash flow growth rate of -7.36%.
- You can view the full Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about POT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV