Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Molex (MOLX) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Molex as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MOLX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $16.9 million.
- MOLX traded 3.1 million shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:18 AM, representing 698.7% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MOLX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MOLX NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on MOLX: Molex Incorporated, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electronic components worldwide. It operates in two segments, Connector, and Custom and Electrical. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.3%. MOLX has a PE ratio of 21.7. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Molex a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold.The average volume for Molex has been 573,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Molex has a market cap of $2.8 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.59 and a short float of 9.1% with 13.20 days to cover. Shares are up 8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Molex as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MOLX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- MOLX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.14 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, MOLX has a quick ratio of 2.16, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $148.06 million or 3.29% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MOLEX INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -0.44%.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- 35.73% is the gross profit margin for MOLEX INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of MOLX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.47% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Molex Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV