ST. LOUIS, Sept. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Express Scripts (NASDAQ: ESRX) today announced the strategic acquisition of the SmartD Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) which will add 87,000 covered Medicare lives. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"Working together with independent and chain pharmacies, we look forward to serving SmartD members and we are pleased in the continued growth and enhancement of our Medicare PDP offering," said Brit Pim, vice president and general manager, government programs at Express Scripts. "We are proud of our track record of success in administering Medicare prescription drug plans and that's due to our expertise in and commitment to member service."Express Scripts serves millions of Medicare beneficiaries on behalf of our health plans, our Employer Group Waiver Plan (EGWP) clients as well as through our own national Express Scripts Medicare PDP, which has consistently earned high Center for Medicare Services (CMS) Star Ratings. In 2013, the plan earned four out of five possible stars – the highest of any nationally offered PDP.** "We have the right people and processes to ensure Express Scripts consistently delivers advanced health and safety solutions, driven by a compliance-first culture, to meet the needs of the Medicare marketplace," said Pim. "We're committed to continuing investing in this area, developing and expanding programs that help Medicare beneficiaries and plan sponsors make better decisions and realize healthier outcomes." Express Scripts Medicare Advisors and pharmacists are available 24 hours a day/7 days a week to help lower costs, alert beneficiaries to the Coverage Gap and offer guidance on ways to delay reaching it.
**A 2013 4-star-rated plan in 49 states and 3.5 stars in NY. Plan performance summary star ratings are assessed each year and may change from one year to the next.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV