Sept. 9, 2013
(NASDAQ: SHOR), the leading provider of brilliantly simple
unified communications systems
business phone systems
, applications and
mobile UC solutions
, today announced that for the fourth year in a row the company has
received a "Strong Positive," the highest possible rating, in Gartner's report titled "
MarketScope for Unified Communications for the SMB Market, North America
MarketScope provides specific guidance for users who are deploying or have deployed products or services. This MarketScope focuses on the premises-based (or infrastructure-based) UC market for small-and-midsize-businesses (SMB). For the purposes of this MarketScope, SMB is defined as firms having between 20 and 499 employees.
"ShoreTel is the only company evaluated in the report to receive a Strong Positive rating for four consecutive years," said
, president and CEO of ShoreTel. "With thousands of happy SMB customers already, we believe this report confirms that our flexible, simple to use and deploy services continue to solve business problems for this important market segment."
Gartner ratings are described as follows:
- Strong Positive: Is viewed as a provider of strategic products, services or solutions. Customers: Continue with planned investments. Potential customers: Consider this vendor a strong choice for strategic investments.
- Positive: Demonstrates strength in specific areas, but execution in one or more areas may still be developing or inconsistent with other areas of performance.
Customers: Continue planned investments. Potential customers: Consider this vendor a viable choice for strategic or tactical investments, while planning for known limitations.
- Promising: Shows potential in specific areas; however, execution is inconsistent. Customers: Consider the short- and long-term impact of possible changes in status. Potential customers: Plan for and be aware of issues and opportunities related to the evolution and maturity of this vendor.
- Caution: Faces challenges in one or more areas. Customers: Understand challenges in relevant areas, and develop contingency plans based on risk tolerance and possible business impact. Potential customers: Account for the vendor's challenges as part of due diligence.
- Strong Negative: Has difficulty responding to problems in multiple areas. Customers: Execute risk mitigation plans and contingency options. Potential customers: Consider this vendor only for tactical investment with short-term, rapid payback.
The report can be downloaded here:
Gartner MarketScope Disclaimer
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Related Links & Conversation
ShoreTel, Inc. (NASDAQ: SHOR) is a provider of
business communication solutions
whose brilliantly simple
unified communications platforms
, applications and
mobile UC solutions
promise a new rhythm of workforce engagement and collaboration. With costly complexity eliminated by design from its award-winning, all-in-one
IP phone system
solution, and its industry-leading
hosted phone system
, workers enjoy a freedom and self-reliance that other providers can't match. Users have full control to engage and collaborate, no matter the time, place or device, for the lowest cost and demand on IT resources in the industry. ShoreTel is headquartered in
, and has regional offices and partners worldwide. For more information, visit
ShoreTel and the ShoreTel logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of ShoreTel, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.