SAN JOSE, Calif., Sept. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing, announces new, end-to-end 12Gb/s SAS 3.0 server and storage solutions featuring LSI SAS 3108/3008 12Gb/s SAS3 controllers with MegaRAID technology and the LSI 12Gb/s SAS Expander with the unique DataBolt™ bandwidth optimizer feature. Supermicro's 12Gb/s SAS3 server Building Block Solutions® enable a new class of high performance storage platforms with double I/O performance of the current 6Gb/s SAS interface and maximum utilization of PCI-E 3.0 bandwidth, especially with the latest SSD storage devices. Solutions include SAS3 optimized motherboards, PCI-E 3.0 add-on cards (3108/3008 based AOC) and chassis that offer maximum flexibility for any application requirement. Supermicro will feature the industry's first end-to-end 12Gb/s SAS3 server solutions this week at the Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco. Four models in high-volume production offer the benefits of a 12Gb/s SAS-enabled ecosystem, maximizing HDD/SSD storage performance and lowering latency for I/O-intensive applications in enterprise, data center, web, cloud, virtualized server and OLTP environments.
"Supermicro leads the industry with a full range of 12Gb/s SAS 3.0 solutions, doubling acceleration in storage performance for I/O intensive applications," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "We are actively expanding our server platforms with the latest LSI technologies to bring the highest levels of performance to enterprise, big data analytics and mission-critical transactional database applications. Together we will drive faster adoption of the 12Gb/s SAS3 protocol and make it an accessible, cost effective standard for mass markets."
"Supermicro and LSI are dedicated to delivering leading edge server and storage solutions that enable and accelerated business growth," said Kelly Bryant, Vice President Marketing, RAID Storage Division of LSI. "Our engineering teams have seamlessly integrated LSI's SAS3108/3008 controllers and MegaRAID technologies across Supermicro server platforms and are first-to-market with end-to-end 12Gb/s solutions providing maximum performance with highest reliability for rapidly evolving data intensive applications."12Gb/s SAS3 Highlights at IDF include:
- Supermicro Solutions
- Systems SYS-1027R-WC1RT/WC1R, SSG-2027R-AR24NV
- Chassis CSE-216BE1C/2C-R920LPB/WB
- Motherboard MBD-X9DRW-CF31/-CTF31 – HBA Mezzanine Module (AOM-S3108-H8) 8x 12Gb/s SAS3 Ports
- PCI-E 3.0 Add-on Cards AOC-S3108L-H8iR, AOC-S3008L-L8i, HBA/AOC-S3008L-L8e
- LSI 12Gb/s SAS 3108 MegaRAID on Chip (ROC), the industry's first, connected to the LSI 12Gb/s SAS expander featuring the LSI unique DataBolt™ Bandwidth Optimizer feature that provides the performance benefits of 12Gb/s SAS while using 6Gb/s drive infrastructure
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts