Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE:RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced that Red Hat Enterprise Linux, the industry’s leading enterprise Linux platform, has delivered top performance results with SAP® Sybase® IQ 16 software and SAP Sybase Adaptive Server® Enterprise (SAP Sybase ASE) 15.7 – both part of the SAP Real-Time Data Platform. Red Hat Enterprise Linux with SAP Sybase IQ 16 set a Guinness World Records® record for loading and indexing big data (1), and Red Hat Enterprise Linux with SAP Sybase ASE 15.7 achieved the leading four-processor Linux result on the two-tier SAP Sales and Distribution (SD) standard application benchmark running the SAP enhancement package 5 for the SAP ERP 6.0 application (2).
As organizations face the complexities associated with ever-increasing amounts of data, the collaboration between Red Hat and SAP is growing beyond traditional ERP applications to help ensure critical optimizations and performance advancements are applicable to the latest database releases as well. Red Hat’s efforts around optimizing performance of SAP Sybase database solutions most recently culminated in outstanding performance results, including:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 with SAP Sybase IQ 16, set the Guinness World Record for loading and indexing big data. Beating the previous record of 14 terabytes per hour, the solutions achieved a result of 34.3 terabytes per hour, equating to the ability to load and analyze 823 terabytes per day of structured and unstructured big data (1). This result highlights Red Hat Enterprise Linux’s ability to support a large number of critical I/O operations required during the data-loading phase and highly efficient data processing required for modern analytics software systems. It also highlights the fully parallel data-loading capability and a next-generation column store from SAP Sybase IQ 15, enabling this jump in data performance.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 with SAP Sybase ASE 15.7, recorded the leading four- processor Linux score on the two-tier SAP SD standard application benchmark running the SAP enhancement package 5 for SAP ERP 6.0 (2). This result highlights the exceptional performance of SAP ERP applications running on Intel Xeon processor-based systems with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
These outstanding performance results signify Red Hat’s ability to optimize Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP applications, an ongoing effort that has most recently focused on helping enterprises accelerate and simplify business processes around vast quantities of structured and unstructured data within the SAP Real-Time Data Platform.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts