The annual STORY Conference in downtown Chicago has announced a new festival format for its next event held on September 18-20, 2013.
In the spirit of great festival experiences such as Sundance and SXSW, STORY will host sessions in six locations in Chicago’s River North district. These include the House of Blues, the historic Chicago Cathedral, the Broadcast Museum, the Ivy Room, the Instituto Cervantes and the Gene Siskel Film Center.
This year, STORY has partnered with Aloft Hotels, as the official hotel for the conference. Aloft Hotels caters to the next generation of travelers with forward-thinking design, including a recent partnership with Design Within Reach. In addition, Aloft boasts a buzzing social scene with its WXYZ bar and popular Live at Aloft Hotels music programming that features live music moments with both emerging artists and big names such as Imagine Dragons and The Lumineers.
“We are thrilled to team up with STORY as the official hotel for the conference. It is a natural fit, as STORY is about expressing ideas in new creative mediums and Aloft’s mission is defining the guest traveler experience in a vibrant innovative way,” said Paige Francis, Vice President, Specialty Select Brands, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Inc. (NYSE:HOT). “Aloft is the perfect match to host some of the most creative minds in the country.”STORY is a gathering of 1,000 creatives from all over the country. The purpose of the event is to create a place where they can be inspired and learn from the leaders of creative industries. This year’s presenters include:
- Chuck Anderson - designer and founder of NoPattern Studio
- Scott Harrison - founder of charity: water
- Rich Hurrey - character technical director at Pixar
- Stephanie Pereira - director of art programs at Kickstarter
- Brooke Shaden – fine art photographer
- Howard Lichter - global director of creative outreach at Nike
- Alex Chen – creative director at Google Creative Lab
- Bobette Buster – Hollywood story consultant and USC film professor
- Bands such as Leagues, Paper Route and Drew & Ellie Holcomb
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV