Accenture (NYSE:ACN) has teamed with Hostess Brands, LLC to design and implement a new operating model and business processes, and deliver end-to-end information technology (IT) transformation. The work helped Hostess Brands to successfully relaunch Twinkies®, one of America’s most iconic products, and get them back on store shelves in less than three months. Financial terms of the contract were not disclosed.
Under the terms of the multi-year agreement signed in April 2013, Accenture designed, built, and implemented a new operating model, including a new distribution system and IT systems, across all aspects of the Hostess Brands enterprise, including the sales and marketing, merchandising, manufacturing, finance and order management functions. The speed of the implementation enabled Hostess Brands to get their products onto store shelves in time for the back-to-school shopping season, a crucial period for U.S. retailers and brands.
Dean Metropoulos, owner and CEO of Hostess Brands, said, “Accenture played an invaluable role in helping bring these much-loved products back onto store shelves and into the hands of U.S. consumers. The speed and precision of the delivery was crucial, so that our products were available for the back-to-school sales period. Within the first two weeks of reintroducing Twinkies to the shelf we had five times more Twinkies® on the market than during the same period last year, and Accenture played its part in helping us make this the sweetest comeback in the history of ever.”
Accenture’s work to help rebuild Hostess Brands included the following initiatives:
- Design and implementation of end-to-end front- and back-office processes, including finance, procurement, sales, transportation management and distribution functions.
- Development of a new distribution system, moving from a direct store delivery (DSD) model to warehouse delivery, helping to improve efficiency and speed to market.
- Creation of a new data center, hosted on Accenture’s private cloud, to manage all business applications and support functions.
- Design, development and coordination of all IT infrastructure, such as shop floor automation and plant infrastructure, and including the set-up of IT systems to support basic company functions such as email, help desk and telephone system.
- Building of a multi-year support model to manage all applications and processes.
- Systems support and training of all Hostess Brands’s employees.
- Software and hardware vendor and tool selection.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV