SANTA CLARA, Calif., Sept. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Synaptics Inc. (NASDAQ: SYNA), a leading developer of human interface solutions, today announced it is the first to achieve compliance for Windows 8.1, the latest update to the Microsoft Windows 8 OS, across its portfolio of industry-leading touchscreen and TouchPad ™ solutions. As a lead co-engineering partner with Microsoft in support of Windows 8.1, Synaptics is continuing its commitment to driving the "touch-first" experience brought to consumers via the unique Microsoft Windows 8.1 interface.
With this latest certification, Synaptics technology and drivers are digitally signed and accepted by the Windows 8.1 OS for optimum performance and ease of use. Synaptics will work closely with device manufacturers, host processor providers and sensor partners to create reference designs and solutions that maximize fast, fluid and intuitive multi-touch user experiences on their next-generation Windows 8.1-based designs.
Synaptics technology now certified for Windows 8.1 includes:
- Synaptics TouchPad – Synaptics' advanced, touch-sensitive interface solution providing screen navigation, cursor movement, application control and gesture input for Windows 8.1 notebooks.
- Synaptics ClearPad® 7470 and 7500 – Part of the industry's broadest and most advanced line of multi-touch capacitive touchscreen solutions, ClearPad brings intuitive screen navigation, selection, interactive input and more to Windows 8.1-based touchscreen-enabled devices from laptops to tablets.
"With Windows 8.1 Microsoft continues to usher in an intuitive user experience, with a sound emphasis on touch input," said Godfrey Cheng, vice president of marketing, Synaptics Human Interface Systems Design (HISD) division. "As the leader in human interface and touch technology, Synaptics continues to support Microsoft to drive this touch-first experience for consumers, and we are proud to become the first touch technology provider to become Windows 8.1 certified."For up-to-the-minute Synaptics news, follow @SynaCorp on Twitter. For more information on Synaptics' products and solutions please visit www.synaptics.com. About Synaptics
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV