SANTA CLARA, Calif., Sept. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Synaptics Inc. (NASDAQ: SYNA), a leading developer of human interface solutions, today announced it is the first to achieve compliance for Windows 8.1, the latest update to the Microsoft Windows 8 OS, across its portfolio of industry-leading touchscreen and TouchPad ™ solutions. As a lead co-engineering partner with Microsoft in support of Windows 8.1, Synaptics is continuing its commitment to driving the "touch-first" experience brought to consumers via the unique Microsoft Windows 8.1 interface.
With this latest certification, Synaptics technology and drivers are digitally signed and accepted by the Windows 8.1 OS for optimum performance and ease of use. Synaptics will work closely with device manufacturers, host processor providers and sensor partners to create reference designs and solutions that maximize fast, fluid and intuitive multi-touch user experiences on their next-generation Windows 8.1-based designs.
Synaptics technology now certified for Windows 8.1 includes:
- Synaptics TouchPad – Synaptics' advanced, touch-sensitive interface solution providing screen navigation, cursor movement, application control and gesture input for Windows 8.1 notebooks.
- Synaptics ClearPad® 7470 and 7500 – Part of the industry's broadest and most advanced line of multi-touch capacitive touchscreen solutions, ClearPad brings intuitive screen navigation, selection, interactive input and more to Windows 8.1-based touchscreen-enabled devices from laptops to tablets.
"With Windows 8.1 Microsoft continues to usher in an intuitive user experience, with a sound emphasis on touch input," said Godfrey Cheng, vice president of marketing, Synaptics Human Interface Systems Design (HISD) division. "As the leader in human interface and touch technology, Synaptics continues to support Microsoft to drive this touch-first experience for consumers, and we are proud to become the first touch technology provider to become Windows 8.1 certified."For up-to-the-minute Synaptics news, follow @SynaCorp on Twitter. For more information on Synaptics' products and solutions please visit www.synaptics.com. About Synaptics
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts