CHATSWORTH, Calif., Sept. 9, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Capstone Turbine Corporation ( www.capstoneturbine.com ) (Nasdaq:CPST), the world's leading clean technology manufacturer of microturbine energy systems, announced today that it received another follow-on order for a large Australian coal seam gas company. The initial order in July 2008 was for the supply of 110 C30 packages, which was later increased to 154 C30s in 2009. The first follow-on contract was for 44 C30 microturbines in October 2012, and in early January 2013 they ordered 36 additional units. The latest order is for 14 units, bringing the total number of units sold to date to 248 C30 microturbines. These orders are part of a periodical supply contract for the life of the project, at least five years.
In Australia, coal seam gas is plentiful. Coal seam gas has been known about ever since the coal mining industry began in Australia in the early 1900's. With advances in technology, it has developed into a key transition fuel, helping to lower Australia's carbon emissions as they move to a lower carbon future. Coal seam gas now makes up a significant proportion of Australia's natural gas supply.
Capstone's distributor Aquatec-Maxcon Pty Ltd secured the periodical supply contract in October 2012. Aquatec-Maxcon is Australia's leading provider of water and wastewater technology and equipment. The C30 microturbines are supplied as integrated packaged systems by Aquatec-Maxcon for use in remote coal seam gas exploration and production wells in the Australian Queensland (QLD) outback."This is another good order for this major coal seam gas producer, which brings their total fleet up to 248 units providing reliable low emission electricity 24 hours a day, seven days a week, in a harsh and remote part of the world," said Jim Crouse, Capstone's Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV