Citrix today announced the release of ByteMobile 7, the software that powers the company’s industry-leading solutions for mobile network operators. With more than 25 new features and dozens of feature enhancements, ByteMobile 7 builds on ground-breaking advances such as User Experience Indexing (UXI) to provide operators with unprecedented ability to use subscriber Quality of Experience (QoE) as a service differentiator. The software also provides new and enhanced tools to manage the unrelenting growth of mobile video and data, including the industry’s first Internet radio traffic management capability. ByteMobile 7 is available now for deployment on the T-Series Adaptive Traffic Management System.
The T-Series Adaptive Traffic Management System, first deployed in 2012, combines functions such as caching, application delivery, deep packet inspection (DPI), video and web optimization, policy control and reporting and analytics into a single centrally managed element. This enables mobile operators to manage data traffic on a massive scale and to consolidate multiple network elements into one. Since its initial rollout, the T-Series has been deployed in mobile networks on four continents, including several Tier 1 networks. These networks collectively serve nearly 130 million subscribers and process more than a petabyte of subscriber data traffic daily. By providing the tools needed to meet subscribers’ rising expectations, ByteMobile 7 allows these and other operators to better ensure a great subscriber experience—and to use it as a competitive differentiator.
“With ByteMobile 7, Citrix presciently anticipates the rapidly changing device, application and protocol landscapes and, more importantly, equips operators with the tools they need to differentiate and drive new business on the basis of a better subscriber experience,” said Joe Hoffman, practice director, ABI Research. “Underpinning this is a platform, technology and integration expertise that reinforces the Citrix delivery of next generation mobile network architectures.”
Internet Radio Optimization: Managing the Mobile Music BoomAs Citrix reported in the most recent ByteMobile Mobile Analytics Report and infographic, mobile music is booming. According to the report, services like Pandora are generating nearly 12 percent of network data traffic in North America and 4 percent elsewhere, with 38 percent of U.S. smartphone users streaming music. The rollout of Apple’s soon-to-be-launched iTunes Radio service is likely to accelerate growth in mobile music traffic volume. With the launch of ByteMobile 7, Citrix is the first in the industry to provide mobile operators with the tools to confront this reality, enabling them to reduce Internet radio traffic volume by up to 30 percent with no perceptible effect on the subscriber listening experience. User Experience Indexing: Measuring What Subscribers Actually See ByteMobile 7 builds on patent-pending User Experience Indexing (UXI) technology that allows operators to monitor, measure and score an individual subscriber’s experience based on factors that actually affect that experience. Typical network metrics offer little insight into a subscriber’s level of satisfaction with the service they’re receiving, especially when it comes to video. The new enhancements in ByteMobile 7 include:
- Separate scores for web and video experience, each based on a greater number of factors encompassing both content delivery and visual quality;
- The ability to establish any given subscriber’s absolute UXI score and a relative UXI score, which assesses that user’s experience relative to other users;
- The ability for operators to ingest, in real-time, per-subscriber UXI scores for use in analyzing—and responding to—trends in the individual and collective subscriber experience.
- Video stalling, the greatest cause of subscriber dissatisfaction with video services, is reduced by up to 30 percent, with stalling associated with HD video content seeing the greatest improvement;
- The required degree of optimization, if any, for a specific user is predicted based on a running history of factors such as UXI score and available network bandwidth;
- File downloads are up to 30 percent faster, with the greatest benefits seen on LTE networks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV