CIBC poll shows business owners and managers working more hours, under more stress
TORONTO, Sept. 9, 2013 /CNW/ - With time pressures mounting on business owners in Canada, CIBC (TSX: CM) (NYSE: CM) today announced an innovative new cash management mobile app for business clients, allowing them to manage cash flow and approve vital business payments, anywhere, anytime.
This new development comes at a time when business owners and managers say they are under more pressure than ever and are increasingly required to be away from their desk during business hours in order to grow their business.
Key findings of the poll include:
- 39 per cent of business owners report having a higher stress level now than before they started a business with 37 per cent who say they are under the same level of stress.
- Only 24 per cent said their stress level had gone down since starting a business.
- 48 per cent work more hours each week than they did before they owned their own business while 32 per cent work roughly the same number of hours as before they owned a business.
- Only 21 per cent reported working fewer hours.
"Cash flow is more important than ever to businesses, but with unpredictable hours and other time pressures, business owners and their managers need the ability to stay on top of finances and take care of time-sensitive payments on short notice," said Phil Griffiths, Senior Vice President of Global Transaction Banking, CIBC. "Business owners need to invest their time in growing their business, and can't be tied to the office because they are waiting on an important payment or to approve a key transaction." Mobile Devices Popular Among Business Owners According to the poll, 74 per cent of business owners or managers own a smartphone for business use. That exceeds the ownership rate among Canadian consumers based on results from past CIBC research. To help business owners deal with increasing time pressures, CIBC is the first among the big five banks to introduce a robust mobile cash management app that allows business clients to approve key transactions across multiple payment types while they are on the go.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV