For the three months ended July 31, 2013, the Company reported net sales of $50,501,000, a decrease of 3% from $52,043,000 for the same period last year.
During the quarter ended July 31, 2013, net sales of generic pharmaceutical products were $43,529,000, a decrease of 5% compared to $45,922,000 for the same fiscal 2013 period. The primary reason for the change was a decrease in sales of Fluticasone Propionate nasal spray. Sales of Fluticasone Propionate nasal spray totaled $11,900,000, down from $22,000,000 in the same fiscal 2013 period as the Company sold fewer units at lower average prices after the Company lost a major customer. This sales decline was partially offset by sales of new products such as Flunisolide, launched in June 2013, and increases in sales of Buprenorphine, Lidocaine/Prilocaine, Clobetasol and Dorzolamide products.
Sales for the Health Care Products division (“HCP”), which markets the Company’s branded OTC products, increased 15% to $3,483,000 for the three months ended July 31, 2013 compared to $3,026,000 for the same fiscal period in the prior year. The increase was primarily due to higher sales of MagOx ® and a reduction in the use of promotional discounts for Nasal Ease ®.Sales for ECR Pharmaceuticals (“ECR”), which markets the Company’s branded prescription products, were $3,489,000 for the three months ended July 31, 2013, up 13% from $3,095,000 for the same period in the prior year. The increase was primarily due to higher sales of TussiCaps ®. Cost of sales decreased to $25,076,000 for the three months ended July 31, 2013 from $26,722,000, and decreased as a percentage of sales to 50% from 51% of sales. The decrease in cost of goods sold as a percentage of net sales is primarily due to lower input costs and new manufacturing equipment the has enabled productivity improvements. A decrease in pricing promotions in the HCP division also contributed to this trend.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV