Time Warner (TWX) plans to move its retired workers from its health coverage and give them money to purchase plans on private exchanges at the start of 2014. The company's spokesperson confirmed the decision to the Associated Press.
Stocks closed flat on Friday after the Labor Department reported that the United States added 169,000 jobs in August. Economists had anticipated 180,000 new jobs. Equity markets are closely tracking labor reports as the Fed has said it would tie its decision to scale back quantitative easing on the strength of the job market.
Asian markets more generally closed higher overnight. as Hong Kong's Hang Seng climbed 0.57% to 22,751. European markets were lower Monday with the FTSE 100 in London down 0.4%, and the DAX in Frankfurt was off 0.04%.
-- Written by Joe Deaux in New York.>Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV