Research Square Makes Inc. Magazine's Exclusive List Of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies For Second Consecutive Year
DURHAM, N.C., Sept. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Inc. magazine has ranked Research Square #1779 on its seventh annual Inc. 500|5000, an exclusive ranking of the nation's fastest-growing private companies. Research Square is 54 th out of the top 100 companies based in North Carolina, and 25 th amongst U.S. education companies.
"We are honored to make the Inc. 5000 list for a second year," says Research Square founder Shashi Mudunuri. "We have a deep pool of talented people dedicated to helping as many global researchers publish their work as possible. We expect to expand and change for years to come as we continue to provide innovative publishing solutions for scientists around the world."
In a stagnant economic environment, median growth rate of 2013 Inc. 500|5000 companies is an impressive 142 percent. Research Square's 3-year growth rate is 216%, with 81 jobs added. The companies on this year's list report having created over 520,000 jobs in the past three years, and aggregate revenue among the honorees reached $241 billion. Complete results of the Inc. 5000, including company profiles and an interactive database that can be sorted by industry, region, and other criteria, can be found at www.inc.com/inc5000.The 2013 Inc. 500|5000 is ranked according to percentage revenue growth when comparing 2009 to 2012. To qualify, companies must be U.S.-based, privately held, for profit, and independent—not subsidiaries or divisions of other companies—as of December 31, 2012. "Not all the companies in the Inc. 500|5000 are in glamorous industries, but in their fields they are as famous as household name companies simply by virtue of being great at what they do. They are the hidden champions of job growth and innovation, the real muscle of the American economy," says Inc. Editor Eric Schurenberg.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV