AJC Urges Congress To Support President Obama's Call For Military Action On Syria
As Congress begins debate tomorrow on possible U.S. military action, and President Obama prepares to address the nation on Tuesday, Harris stressed that the world, especially America's adversaries, are watching closely what the U.S. will do.
Inaction by the U.S. will be seen "as an abdication of American leadership, which, in turn, will invite still more challenges to American interests and values," said Harris. "Leaders from Tehran to Pyongyang will become still more assertive, emboldened and threatening, as they conclude that Americans are unwilling to match deed with word."
Harris also stressed in his article that AJC's position is not an act of partisanship in support of the Administration, as this is "not about an individual but our country."
He also emphasized that AJC does not support an open-ended military attack or one involving American boots on the ground. And finally, he pointed out that, just as America's adversaries were watching to see how the U.S. would act, so were America's allies in the region, who need to be reassured that Washington stands behind its word when it declares a red line, whether with respect to Syria's use of chemical weapons or, for that matter, Iran's nuclear ambitions.SOURCE American Jewish Committee
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV