Howard Defeats Morehouse 27-16 In 2013 AT&T Nation's Football ClassicÂ® At RFK Stadium
Harris, who rushed for 78 yards and completed 18 of 31 for 193 yards and a touchdown, led the Maroon Tigers in total offense with 271 yards.
As in previous years, the Classic game was the height of an entire weekend of educational and entertaining events that began Thursday, Sept. 5 and included a Presidential Symposium, AT&T Kickoff Rally, Howard vs. Morehouse Student Debate and the Pepsi ® Fan Festival. Notable celebrity guest stars and performers included Grammy-nominated recording artist Ciara, who headlined the AT&T Kickoff Rally, and entertainment personality Fonzworth Bentley and actress Wendy Raquel Robinson , who co-hosted the rally. Grammy-nominated singer Raheem DeVaughn , Experience Unlimited (E.U.) and Mambo Sauce performed at the Pepsi Fan Festival.
Prior to kickoff, DC Washington, a 22-year veteran of the United States Army and noted national choir performer, sung the national anthem. Chelsey Rodgers , Miss District of Columbia International 2010 and an alumna of Spelman College and Howard University School of Law, performed "Lift Every Voice." Washington, D.C. Mayor Vincent Gray conducted the ceremonial coin toss with Jay Ellis of BET's "The Game." The halftime show was co-hosted by Ellis and LeToya Luckett of Centric's "Culture List" and featured the highly anticipated "Battle of the Bands" between the Howard University Showtime Marching Band and the Morehouse College House of Funk.
Also spotted in the crowd was actress Vanessa Bell Calloway and offensive guard Ramon Harewood , who played football at Morehouse and won a Super Bowl ring with the Baltimore Ravens last season.Contacts: Teri Washington, Events DC, (202) 494-5737 Lisa Milner, Swanson Communications, 202-783-5500 SOURCE Events DC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV