10 Fastest-Growing Craft Breweries In the U.S.
3. Austin Beerworks
Location: Austin, Texas
2011 production: 1,051 barrels
2012 production: 5,188 barrels
Growth rate: 394%
In the city where Pierre Celis introduced U.S. beer drinkers to witbier back when Blue Moon was a song on an oldies station, craft beer is in the veins.
It's home to one of the best beer bars in the country in Austin Draught House, along with greats including The Alamo, Hopdoddy's and The Whip-In. It supports a thriving brewing community with growing brewers including (512) Brewing. It also helped usher along the canned beer renaissance with a little help from Austin Beerworks, which has been canning its beers here since May 2011.A brewing team stocked with even more Flying Dog alums made a plan to keep things simple: Four styles made well and placed in 12-ounce cans. They make an American IPA, a pale ale and German-style schwarz and pils. That's it, but it a town with an acute fondness for the simplicity of Shiner Bock, that's all they needed. A few awards at the Great American Beer Festival and a few South By Southwest festivals later, the brewery is now producing nearly five times the amount of beer it was when it opened little more than two years ago. This brewery is doing with four beers what other brewers struggle to do with a regular lineup, a spate of seasonals, a handful of small batches and the occasional firkin offering. Making any one beer well isn't easy, but Austin's the kind of town that rewards folks who put a lot of effort into "simple" things.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV