10 Fastest-Growing Craft Breweries In the U.S.
7. Mother's Brewing
Location: Springfield, Mo.
2011 production: 2,331 barrels
2012 production: 5,773 barrels
Growth rate: 148%
As recently as 2009, the facility that houses Mother's was cranking out bread, cakes and other goods for Interstate Bakeries. Mother's founder Jeff Schrag didn't start turning it into a 40-barrel brewhouse until 2010 and brewmaster Brian Allen, who'd hopped around breweries in Wisconsin and hooked on with Boston Beer Works, didn't get a full year of brewing in until 2011. While there's little about everyday offerings such as Towhead American Blonder, Lil' Helper IPA or Three Blind Mice brown ale that heralded Mother's as a sleeping giant, small-batch brews including the exceptional 10% ABV Foggy Notion barleywine, Doozy Double IPA and D'Lila hoppy witbier helped Mother's impress beer drinkers enough to expand distribution into Kansas City, Arkansas and beyond. As with the other breweries on this list, however, Mother's presence in its home communities can't be discounted. From running movie nights and bocce tournaments to hosting bike crawls and cask-beer nights, Mother's puts a lot of legwork behind its growing numbers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV