Young Athletes Are Pictured With City Of Henderson Mayor Andy Hafen And UnitedHealthcare Mascot Dr. Health E. Hound At The UnitedHealthcare IRONKIDS Las Vegas Fun Run Race. (Photo: Business Wire)
The UnitedHealthcare IRONKIDS Las Vegas Fun Run raced around the Henderson Pavilion today. UnitedHealthcare mascot “Dr. Health E. Hound” helped kick-off the 1-mile course aimed to help stem the rising tide of childhood obesity through exercise and healthy lifestyles.
UnitedHealthcare is sponsoring 10 IRONKIDS events – nine running races and a triathlon – in seven states. Today’s Fun Run included hundreds of young “triathletes to be”, ages 3 to 15. The company provided complimentary tickets to the race and weekend-long IRONMAN activities to the YMCA, enabling children who often face barriers to good health, to compete in the event.
Children from low-income and low-education households are three-times more likely to suffer from obesity, which is a leading risk factor for diabetes, heart disease and many cancers, according to America’s Health Rankings®, an annual comprehensive assessment of the nation’s health on a state-by-state basis. Nevada ranks 7 th in the country with 24.5% of adults estimated to be obese.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV