12. Yelp (YELP) -- Look out. This one's incredible. It is a company with the best social, mobile and cloud applications I follow, and it is expanding internationally. It's a mobile yellow pages that is choosing not to show earnings yet, but could do so in a heartbeat. I sense that coverage has to be rolled out all over the place, and when it is, it will be like Friday, when a new recommendation simply caused the stock to explode higher. The momentum guys will justify this one on market cap, which is only $4 billion. Should trade much higher.
Now, you could say, "Jim, where is Facebook (FB), or Google (GOOG), or Tesla (TSLA)?" To that I would say: The key to this game is in the inability to have any idea what the company's going to earn in the out-years. As soon as you have firm numbers out there, which these three do, you run the terrible risk of disappointment. That's too dangerous. These have the runway. The ones listed above don't.
So, remember, you don't buy them outright. You wait until the swoon. Pick an options contract you feel comfortable with, and select your favorite five. Don't do any more than that.
These are the anointed ones. They are going to be the magnets.Remember: Don't hate them. Embrace them. It's probably not your style of investing. My answer to that: So what?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV