8. Medidata Solutions (MDSO) is a relatively unknown medical-testing cloud-computing play that is eating Oracle's (ORCL) lunch. If you don't know this company, go to the "Mad Money" archives and watch the interviews. A stock doesn't go up 100% on nothing. I think that this company -- run by a group of clinicians -- has market capitalization, at $2 billion, that's too small for its opportunity. Medidata is a gamer.
9. Netflix (NFLX) -- This remains the story with perhaps the most momentum in this marketplace. There is simply no way this company can remain independent if the stock goes down, and there's no way these growth-stock hounds will let it go down, because they see the momentum that the company's generating with new sign-ups. Microsoft (MSFT) should have bought Netflix instead of Nokia (NOK). It still can. Do I worry about the earnings? No. It is an international sign-up and domestic binge story. Remember: Before you say, "Oh, come on, it's up 200% this year," you must recognize that a plus-200- percenter is a momentum investor's nirvana.
10. Regeneron (REGN) -- This name drives people crazy. It was an asterisk for 20 years, and then it came up with an eye drug that was so much better than the existing treatment, analysts couldn't raise numbers fast enough. I frankly don't care about Eylea anymore. Instead I care about the anti-cholesterol drug that Regeneron has for people who are allergic to the statin class of current treatments. You are going to hear comments about millions of people who can't take the existing drugs. This will work for Regeneron. This stock is ideal for options because it swings like crazy. CEO Len Schleiffer is the real deal. Bank with him.
11. Salesforce.com (CRM) -- That last quarter made a believer out of a lot of fence-sitters. Now we have the DreamForce conference, at the end of November, to look forward to. Believe me when I say that this 100,000 person turnout -- Salesforce already has 20,000 tickets sold -- will be one of the great love fests of all time for this social, mobile and cloud play run by the charismatic Marc Benioff. Those with short positions will have to pound sand.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV