TORONTO, Sept. 6, 2013 /CNW/ - Rogers Communications today announced that the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions has issued an Order to Commence and Carry on Business, authorizing a subsidiary of Rogers to begin offering credit card services.
"Our credit card business will allow us to deliver a valuable offering to our customers across the country and we are thrilled to have completed this final step in the application process," said David Robinson, Vice-President of Emerging Business, Rogers Communications. "Within the next year, our customers will be able to participate in our credit card program that will give them the opportunity to accelerate the rate at which they earn rewards in the Rogers First Rewards program."
Leading up to commercial availability in 2014, Rogers will roll out a pilot program to begin offering credit card services to a select group of customers.
For more information on the formal application process, visit the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Canada online at http://www.osfi-bsif.gc.ca.About Rogers Communications Rogers Communications is a diversified Canadian communications and media company. We are engaged in wireless voice and data communications services through Wireless, Canada's largest wireless provider. Through Cable, we are one of Canada's leading providers of cable television services as well as high-speed Internet access and telephony services to consumers and businesses. Through Media, we are engaged in radio and television broadcasting, televised shopping, sports entertainment, and magazines and trade publications. We are publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RCI). For further information about the Rogers group of companies, please visit www.rogers.com. SOURCE Rogers Communications Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV