Whiting USA Trust I
Another name that's starting to move within range of triggering a big breakout trade is Whiting USA Trust I ( WHX). This stock hasn't done much so far in 2013, with shares up just 4.5%.
If you look at the chart for Whiting USA Trust I, you'll notice that this stock has been uptrending strong for the last few weeks, with shares moving higher from its low of $3.65 to its intraday high of $4.87 a share. During that move, shares of WHX have been consistently making higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. That move has now spiked shares of WHX back above both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bullish. Shares of WHX are now quickly moving within range of triggering a big breakout trade.Traders should now look for long-biased trades in WHX if it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $4.90 to $5.04 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 321,220 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then WHX will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $6.23 to $8.01 a share. Traders can look to buy WHX off any weakness to anticipate that breakout and simply use a stop that sits right below its 50-day at $4.12 a share. One can also buy WHX off strength once it takes out that breakout levels with volume and then simply use a stop that sits a comfortable percentage from your entry point.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV