3 Banking Stocks Dragging The Industry Down
1. As of noon trading, BB&T ( BBT) is down $0.31 (-0.9%) to $33.62 on average volume. Thus far, 2.3 million shares of BB&T exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $33.33-$34.07 after having opened the day at $34.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.93. BB&T Corporation operates as a financial holding company that provides various banking and trust services for retail and commercial clients. BB&T has a market cap of $23.9 billion and is part of the financial sector. Shares are up 16.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate BB&T a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 16 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates BB&T as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full BB&T Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the banking industry could consider KBW Bank ETF ( KBE) while those bearish on the banking industry could consider ProShares Short KBW Regional Bankng ( KRS).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts