3. As of noon trading, St Jude Medical ( STJ) is up $1.64 (3.2%) to $52.60 on heavy volume. Thus far, 1.7 million shares of St Jude Medical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $51.27-$52.67 after having opened the day at $51.27 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.96. St. Jude Medical, Inc. develops, manufactures, and distributes cardiovascular and implantable neurostimulation medical devices worldwide. It operates in two divisions, Cardiovascular and Ablation Technologies, and Implantable Electronic Systems. St Jude Medical has a market cap of $14.6 billion and is part of the health care sector. Shares are up 41.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate St Jude Medical a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates St Jude Medical as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full St Jude Medical Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts