In the near-term, however, attention will be focused on Apple's likely iPhone 5S. Earlier this week Apple sent out invites to an event at its headquarters, which is widely expected to mark the new phone's debut.
Underlining the importance of the Chinese market, Apple also sent out invites to an event in China on the following day. The event at Beijing's World Trade Center could herald the arrival of a low-cost iPhone, dubbed the iPhone 5C, a deal with China Mobile (CHL), or both.
Shares of Apple, which have dipped 6.51% this year, gained 0.45% to reach $497.55 during Friday trading.
--Written by James Rogers in New York.Follow @jamesjrogers >Contact by Email.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV