Trade-Ideas: Ryman Hospitality Properties (RHP) Is Today's "Barbarian At The Gate" Stock
- RHP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $27.4 million.
- RHP has traded 223,003 shares today.
- RHP traded in a range 237% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.09.
- RHP traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 20 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 20 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock s movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RHP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RHP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RHP: Ryman Hospitality Properties, Inc. owns and operates hotels in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5.8%. RHP has a PE ratio of 244.4. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Ryman Hospitality Properties a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ryman Hospitality Properties has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ryman has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.37 and a short float of 23.2% with 10.44 days to cover. Shares are down 11.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ryman Hospitality Properties as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, growth in earnings per share and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 82.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $8.95 million to $16.38 million.
- RYMAN HOSPITALITY PPTYS INC has improved earnings per share by 5.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, RYMAN HOSPITALITY PPTYS INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.60 versus $0.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.69 versus -$0.60).
- RHP, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 10.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.2%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $37.95 million or 41.81% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- RHP has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 17.05% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
- You can view the full Ryman Hospitality Properties Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV