4 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks To Check Out: AEP, VTR, TE, HIW
TECO Energy (NYSE: TE) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.40%. TECO Energy, Inc., an electric and gas utility holding company, engages in the regulated electric and gas utility operations. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.26. The average volume for TECO Energy has been 1,934,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. TECO Energy has a market cap of $3.5 billion and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are down 1.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates TECO Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 59.38% to $129.90 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TECO ENERGY INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 4.37%.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 2.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.2%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Even though the current debt-to-equity ratio is 1.29, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Multi-Utilities industry. Despite the fact that TE's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 0.60 is low and demonstrates weak liquidity.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Multi-Utilities industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, TECO ENERGY INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full TECO Energy Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV