NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- While the tech sector has lagged the broader market for much of 2013, Stephanie Link, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, tells TheStreet's Lindsey Bell why she's adding to the sector.
While Link said she likes tech stocks in general, in particular, she's looking at Xilinx (XLNX), a semiconductor company.
The company specializes in programmable logic devices (PLDs) and is the biggest player in the industry, Link added.
She said that the company has strong pricing power and great growth opportunities. Its main customers are also in strong sectors including communications, industrials and automotive.Xilinx doesn't have much exposure to the PC market, which has been in decline. The company has expanding margins and is trading with a low valuation relative to its historical average. Link said she also likes Applied Materials (AMAT) and Adobe Systems (ADBE), and wants to be overweight technology going into the fourth quarter. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV