TechAtlas Group Releases Type 1 Diabetes Competitive Landscape Analysis
BOSTON, Sept. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TechAtlas Group has announced the release of the latest Type 1 Diabetes (T1DM) competitive landscape map. This particular landscape highlights 71 international companies with over 140 drugs and devices currently on the market and in development.
- Save the cells: immune therapies for T1DM
- Beta-cell regeneration strategies
- Pancreatic replacement via cell-based therapy
- Therapeutic considerations: childhood, adolescence, adulthood & older adults
- Managing hypoglycemia: new pens and bi-hormonal systems
- Competitive positioning in the insulin market
- Non-insulin add-on therapies for tighter glycemic control
- Strategic implications of artificial pancreas development
TechAtlas' analysts have evaluated each clinical asset according to the parameters that dictate their commercial competitiveness, including clinical benefit/risk, cost, patient preference, and reimbursement dynamics. For example, competition in this field is driving the creation of longer-lasting (7+ days use), slimmer CGMs to increase patient acceptance. However, the need for frequent finger-stick blood glucose calibrations presents a critical obstacle to CGM use, which will only be resolved by significant technical advances that lower the mean absolute relative difference (MARD) of the CGMs. Meanwhile, new stable glucagon formulations are laying the foundation for better hypoglycemic control by facilitating simpler rescue pen systems and, more importantly, bi-hormonal delivery pumps that will contribute to the "holy grail" – a fully independent artificial pancreas system.The TechAtlas map graphically presents every T1DM-related technology, old and new, in its proper context to clearly show the relationship of competing and complementary products for specific unmet needs and ideal treatment paradigms like T1DM prevention and development of the artificial pancreas. This map was built on extensive primary research, including interviews with companies, investors, key opinion leaders in the diabetes community, academic researchers, technical experts, consumers of technologies, and other stakeholders in the field, as well as an exhaustive review of public and proprietary resources.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts