SAN DIEGO, Sept. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mast Therapeutics, Inc. (NYSE MKT: MSTX) today announced the 2 nd Annual Sickle Cell Disease Therapeutics Conference will take place on September 19 th, 2013 at the Four Seasons Hotel in New York City (Cosmopolitan Suite). The conference is intended to serve as a forum to raise awareness for sickle cell disease and will include presentations from leading companies in sickle cell disease and discussions with experts regarding the latest advancements and trends in treatment. Conference sponsors include The Pierre Fabre Foundation, Canaccord Genuity, Piper Jaffray, Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton, LLP, Pharm-Olam International and Theradex Systems, Inc.
Six public and private companies developing new treatment options for patients with sickle cell disease, including bluebird bio (NASDAQ GS: BLUE) and Mast Therapeutics, Inc. (NYSE MKT: MSTX) will be presenting.
Conference attendees will hear from leaders in the sickle cell disease medical and advocacy communities, including:
- Althea Grant, PhD, Chief of the Epidemiology and Surveillance Branch in the Division of Blood Disorders of the National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities at the Centers for Disease Control
- Wally R. Smith, MD, Professor of Medicine at Virginia Commonwealth University
- Susan P. Perrine, MD, Professor, Pediatrics, Medicine, Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics Cancer Center; Director, Hemolgobinopathy Thalassemia Research Unit at the Boston University School of Medicine
- Gary A. Gibson, President & CEO of The Martin Center Sickle Cell Initiative
- Beatrice Garrette , Directrice Generale, The Pierre Fabre Foundation
- Nirmish Shah, MD, Assistant Professor, Director of Sickle Cell Transition, Program, Division of Hematology, Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology at Duke University
Question & answer sessions will be moderated by the following healthcare analysts:
- Ritu S. Baral , Managing Director, Senior Analyst, Biotechnology Equity Research, Canaccord Genuity
- Edward A. Tenthoff , Managing Director and Senior Research Analyst, Piper Jaffray
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts