LONG BEACH, Calif., Sept. 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- UTi Worldwide Inc. (Nasdaq:UTIW) today reported financial results for its fiscal 2014 second quarter ended July 31, 2013.
Fiscal Second Quarter 2014 vs. 2013 Results:
- Revenues were $1,129.4 million, a decrease of 4.5 percent from $1,182.9 million.
- Net revenues (revenues minus purchased transportation costs) were $385.6 million, a decrease of 5.0 percent from $406.1 million.
- Net loss attributable to UTi Worldwide Inc. was $4.4 million, or $0.04 per diluted share, compared to net income of $18.9 million, or $0.18 per diluted share.
- Adjustments to GAAP net loss in the fiscal 2014 second quarter included after-tax severance costs of $2.4 million, or $0.02 per diluted share. In addition, the company increased its valuation allowance on deferred tax assets by $7.5 million, or $0.07 per diluted share.
- Excluding adjustments described above, non-GAAP net income attributable to UTi Worldwide Inc. was $5.5 million, or $0.05 per diluted share
- All references to adjusted items and organic items in this release refer to non-GAAP results. A reconciliation of GAAP to these non-GAAP results is provided in the supplemental financial information attached to this release.
Eric W. Kirchner, chief executive officer, said, "Our results in the fiscal 2014 second quarter continue to reflect a lackluster global economy, challenging trading conditions and costs associated with our comprehensive business process transformation. The results underscore the importance of completing our transformation, and we have continued to make significant progress in that area. Since July 1, we have deployed our new freight forwarding operating system in seven countries – including the United States, United Kingdom and Hong Kong. There are currently 22 countries on the system to-date. In particular, the U.S. launch is a notable milestone in our deployment process. The implementation of our proprietary system in our largest market demonstrates that the platform works and is scalable. The 22 countries on the new system represent approximately 35 percent of total freight forwarding shipments. We continue to expect that more than 70 percent of shipments will be on the new system by the end of fiscal 2014."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts