Asia Entertainment & Resources Ltd. (“AERL”) (NASDAQ:AERL), which operates through its subsidiaries and related promoter companies that act as VIP room gaming promoters, announced today that its annual meeting of shareholders will be held at 11:00 a.m. local time on September 24, 2013, at Iao Kun VIP Club 1/F., East VIP Entrance, Galaxy Macau, Cotai, Macau.
Shareholders of record as of September 6, 2013 (the “Record Date”) will be invited to attend and to vote on, or submit a proxy to vote on, among other matters, (A) a proposal to elect three Class C directors, (B) a proposal to increase the number of ordinary shares that AERL is authorized to issue from 200,000,000 to 500,000,000, (C) a proposal to change AERL’s name to “Iao Kun Group Holding Company Limited”, and (D) a proposal to ratify the appointment of UHY LLP as the independent auditor of AERL for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2013. The full agenda for the annual meeting will be detailed in the proxy statement to be mailed to all holders of record on the Record Date of the ordinary shares of AERL.
About Asia Entertainment & Resources Ltd.
AERL is a holding company which operates through its subsidiaries and related promoter companies that act as VIP room gaming promoters, and is entitled to receive all of the profits of the VIP gaming promoters from VIP gaming rooms. AERL’s VIP room gaming promoters currently participate in the promotion of five major luxury VIP gaming facilities in Macau, China, the largest gaming market in the world. One VIP gaming room is located at the top-tier 5-star hotel, the StarWorld Hotel & Casino in downtown Macau, and another is located in the luxury 5-star hotel, the Galaxy Macau™ Resort in Cotai, each of which is operated by Galaxy Casino, S.A. Additional VIP gaming rooms are located at the Sands Cotai Central and City of Dreams Macau, both in Cotai, and Le Royal Arc Casino, located in NAPE, Downtown Macau.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV