- At-a-glance: Of the companies surveyed, 28 percent increased staffing while 21 percent decreased staffing and 51 percent maintained their number of employees.
- Small business sector: Coupling this information with the data collected from the BLS report in August, CBIZ Payroll notes that we are seeing that most of the positions created are part-time. This produces a scenario where we can show some job growth, but it doesn’t impact overall economic growth dramatically since consumerism continues to be muted from individuals in part-time positions who typically create less income and are viewed as tenuous in their longevity.
- What to watch: CBIZ Payroll emphasizes the need to watch how the Syrian situation and the budget battle in Washington affect economic growth, and therefore hiring, as the country moves into the fourth quarter.
CBIZ Small Business Employment Index Returns To Positive Territory In August
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.