To me, it just seems like Samsung picked up the scent of an impending iWatch from Apple and tried to beat them to the punch. Well, they beat them alright, but I don't think Samsung will have the last laugh.
Speaking of which, I got a pretty good laugh when Gregory Lee, president of Samsung Communications America, said, "Galaxy Gear combines convenience and technology, and is the first of its kind."
Don't worry, it gets better:
"This is proof and reflection that Samsung is truly, relentlessly innovative in bringing first-to-market products."Seriously? I get that Samsung was the first large tech company to launch a smart watch. But simply being the first to launch does not make you the pioneer. If that were the case, I could have slapped my iPod Nano to a rubber band and 'proved' that I was a relentlessly innovative fellow. In fact, I think the Galaxy Gear is so bad, that it actually weighed on shares of Apple in Thursday's trading session, scaring investors of what Apple's might be like.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV