8. -- JPMorgan Chase (JPM) said Thursday it would stop accepting student loan applications after Oct. 12. The bank said it no longer sees meaningful growth in the market as more families opt for government-backed loans.
9. -- Pork processor Smithfield Foods (SFD) is expected by analysts to report on Friday fiscal first-quarter earnings of 47 cents a share on revenue of $3.19 billion.
10. -- Peyton Manning threw seven touchdown passes as the Denver Broncos beat the Baltimore Ravens, 49-27, in the opening game of the 2013-2014 NFL season on Thursday night.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV