BERLIN, Sept. 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- IFA 2013, Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI), driving digital entertainment innovation, will showcase its broad range of new and in-market technologies powering the advanced discovery, delivery, display and monetization of digital entertainment at IFA, one of the world's largest tradeshows for consumer electronics. Rovi solutions on display (Hall 25, Stand 151) are designed to connect people to great entertainment experiences by helping the ecosystem accelerate HEVC adoption, enhancing multi-screen entertainment discovery and supporting the launch of advanced entertainment services worldwide. Also, as part of its continued commitment to share its unique perspectives with the industry, Rovi has launched the fifth installment of Rovi Insights, its ongoing report series that provides business intelligence on the state of digital entertainment and its future.
- DivX ® 10: Rovi is marking a milestone at the conference by bringing the power of High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC/H.265) standard into consumers' hands for the first time with the unveiling of DivX 10, consumer software that will enable the creation, playback and streaming of DivX HEVC. DivX 10 is the latest addition to Rovi's end-to-end HEVC solution line and is designed to fuel HEVC content availability and generate demand for playback support in consumer devices. DivX 10 lets consumers easily create DivX HEVC video up to 1080p for high quality playback across multiple screens, including personal computers, mobile phones and tablets, and consumer electronics (CE) devices. Rovi is showcasing its end-to-end HEVC solution at its booth.
- DivX Video Service™: Rovi is demonstrating the technologies that are incorporated in DivX Video Service including DivX Plus Streaming™, Rovi's advanced adaptive streaming format that brings advanced multimedia features to drive a high-quality, "Blu-ray-like" experience in a streaming environment. Announced today, STM Holdings Limited (STM) has licensed the right to use DivX Video Service, which includes DivX Plus Streaming, to power its new video-on-demand service in China. Rovi also announced the availability of a range of Toshiba DTVs that use Rovi's cutting-edge DivX Plus Streaming technology.
- Rovi Video and Discovery Solutions: Rovi continues to broaden its data coverage reach to help its customers scale their entertainment products globally and deliver relevant video services to the local market. Rovi announced the expansion of its global video data offering, Rovi Video, to serve the Australian and Turkish markets. The expansion of the company's metadata footprint helps drive an enjoyable entertainment experience and makes it easy for consumers to find content across today's multiple devices and screens. Rovi data is a part of and developed to work cohesively with Rovi's Discovery solutions, a range of capabilities that span from the basic guide to advanced guidance technologies, intelligent search and recommendations services for TVs, set-top boxes, tablets, and PCs. Rovi's Discovery solutions are also on display at the Rovi booth.
- Rovi Insights Series: The newest edition of the Rovi Insights Series, available as a downloadable interactive application and in print edition, provides digital entertainment industry insights, data and research findings based on Rovi's holistic view of the entire ecosystem from content owners and service providers to CE manufacturers and over-the-top providers. Key topic areas covered in this edition of the report series include continued exploration of the key factors driving the market's adoption of HEVC; new consumer research in Europe and US that looks at consumer satisfaction with streaming experiences and the evolving consumer entertainment requirements over time; and the role of big data and predictive analysis in driving a more personalized and relevant consumer entertainment experience.
- Rovi IFA Event Participation: Rovi will be involved in additional activities at IFA 2013 including participation by Patrick Knippel, director at Rovi, on Internationalen Medienkongress's panel, "Content On Demand – A Sustainable Business Model or Zero-Sum Game?" on September 10 from 11:45 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.; and presentation by Leander Carell, director, technology on "Entertainment Unbound" at IFA TecWatch Forum on September 10 from 12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m. Rovi will also be participating at the Pepcom DigitalFocus event which will take place on September 6, 2013 from 7:00 to 10:00 p.m. at the Grand Hyatt in downtown Berlin.
CONTACT: Chris Taylor Rovi Corporation 408-562-3077 Chris.D.Taylor@rovicorp.com