Live Stream: August Jobs Report
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Global markets on Friday await the critical August monthly U.S. employment situation as the report could signal a shift in the Federal Reserve's economic stimulus program.
Economists expect nonfarm payrolls to rise by 180,000 and for the unemployment rate to remains unchanged at 7.4%, according to surveys by Thomson Reuters and Bloomberg.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics' last report found that nonfarm payrolls grew in July by 162,000, which was weaker than economists had anticipated. The Fed has said the national jobs outlook will affect its decision of whether to taper its monthly purchases in mortgage-backed securities and longer-term Treasuries.Follow TheStreet's live coverage of Friday's jobs report, starting at 8:25 a.m. ET. UBS U.S. Economist Kevin Cummins will join TheStreet's Joe Deaux to provide his analysis of how the report will affect markets and the economy. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV