VeriFone Systems, Inc. (NYSE: PAY):
Third Quarter Financial Highlights
- Non-GAAP net revenues of $418 million
- GAAP net revenues of $416 million
- Non-GAAP net income per diluted share of $0.24
- GAAP net loss per diluted share of $0.02
- Operating cash flow of $49 million and free cash flow of $31 million
VeriFone Systems, Inc. (NYSE: PAY), the global leader in secure electronic payment solutions, today announced financial results for the three months ended July 31, 2013 (“Q3 FY13”). Non-GAAP net revenues for Q3 FY13 were $418 million, compared to $493 million a year ago, a 15% decrease. GAAP net revenues were $416 million, compared to $489 million a year ago, a 15% decrease. Non-GAAP net income per diluted share was $0.24, compared to $0.75 a year ago. GAAP net loss per diluted share was $0.02, compared to net income per share of $0.34 a year ago. The table below provides additional summary non-GAAP and GAAP financial information and comparisons.
|(IN MILLIONS, EXCEPT PER SHARE AND PERCENTAGES, UNAUDITED)|
|Three Months Ended July 31,||Nine Months Ended July 31,|
|2013||2012||% Change (2)||2013||2012||% Change (2)|
|Gross margin as a % of net revenues||40.8||%||45.4||%||(4.6) pts||42.2||%||44.4||%||(2.2) pts|
|Net income per diluted share||$||0.24||$||0.75||(68.0||)%||$||1.17||$||1.98||(40.9||)%|
|Gross margin as a % of net revenues||37.3||%||42.4||%||(5.1) pts||37.9||%||40.3||%||(2.4) pts|
|Net income (loss) per diluted share||$||(0.02||)||$||0.34||nm||$||(0.45||)||$||0.34||nm|
(1) Reconciliations for the non-GAAP measures are provided at the end of this press release.
(2) "nm" means not meaningful or relevant
“Our revenues and earnings exceeded our guidance, cash flow exceeded our expectation, and we paid down $160 million of debt, bolstering our financial position,” said Richard McGinn, Interim Chief Executive Officer. “We are also pleased by the acquisition of ENZ, which extends to New Zealand our payment-as-a-service business model that is thriving in the Nordics under Point and launching in other geographies such as the U.S. In fact, Q3 Services revenues were up 17% from a year ago. And, with our increased investments in R&D and infrastructure, we are making good progress in bringing to market the advanced products to meet customer demand.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV