DEARBORN, Mich., Sept. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford delivers its best August electrified vehicle sales ever with 8,292 sales, up 288 percent over August 2012
- Ford's plug-in hybrids, Fusion Energi and C-MAX Energi, delivered their best sales month year-to-date, with 600 and 621 units sold, respectively
- Ford C-MAX Hybrid sales jumped twelve percent in August over the previous month, with 3,032 units sold
- Fusion Hybrid and C-MAX Hybrid hit regional sales records in key hybrid markets, delivering best sales months ever in Washington, D.C., San Francisco and Seattle
- Ford's commitment to providing the Power of Choice extends to Europe, where Ford will offer three electrified vehicles by 2014
Ford delivered its best August electrified vehicle sales ever with more than 8,292 sales, up 288 percent over the same period a year ago. August marks the 11 th consecutive month that Ford has achieved electrified vehicle sales records.
The C-MAX Hybrid was a key driver in helping Ford deliver its best August hybrid sales ever and continuing to establish Ford as a major player in the hybrid market, trailing only Toyota. Ford C-MAX hybrids sales jumped twelve percent in August over the previous month, with 3,032 units sold.
"Our dealers continue to tell us that the C-MAX Hybrid brings new customers to their showrooms, customers who previously hadn't considered a Ford vehicle," said C.J. O'Donnell, Ford electrified vehicles group marketing manager. "Customers love the outstanding all-around package that the vehicle provides, all while getting class-leading fuel economy."Nearly two-thirds of the sales came from conquest buyers, people who traded in other car brands. Highest on the trade-in list? Toyota Prius and Honda CR-V.