Activision relies heavily on Call of Duty for revenue growth. The company recently took on debt to buy back Vivendi’s (VIVHY) ownership in Activision. This ends the control Vivendi had over the company.
EA is up because investors like the company’s 'freemium' model on the smartphone platform. Its Plants vs. Zombies 2 was downloaded nearly 25 million times, outpacing the total downloads made for its original release. This release is free, and EA wants to make money through in-app sales.
Investors who missed the run-up in Take-Two might want to wait until after Grand Theft Auto 5 is released. There could be chance of a bumpy launch when the title is released, although this is unlikely. The bigger risk is that investors will book profits ahead of the release day. There is no doubt that the game will be a success, so waiting a few days after September 17 could offer a better entry point in shares of Take-Two Interactive.Do you think Take-Two is worth a closer look? Use the list below as a starting point for your own analysis. 1. Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. (TTWO): Develops, and distributes interactive entertainment software, hardware, and accessories worldwide. Market cap at $1.62B, most recent closing price at $18.65. 2. Electronic Arts Inc. (EA): Develops, markets, publishes, and distributes game software and content. Market cap at $8.32B, most recent closing price at $27.36. 3. Activision Blizzard, Inc. (ATVI): Publishes online, personal computer (PC), console, handheld, and mobile games of interactive entertainment worldwide. Market cap at $18.98B, most recent closing price at $16.98. Written by Chris Lau, Kapitall contributor.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV