1. As of noon trading, Directv ( DTV) is up $0.40 (0.7%) to $58.78 on average volume. Thus far, 1.7 million shares of Directv exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $58.31-$58.90 after having opened the day at $58.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.38. DIRECTV provides digital television entertainment in the United States and Latin America. The company engages in acquiring, promoting, selling, and distributing digital entertainment programming primarily through satellite to residential and commercial subscribers. Directv has a market cap of $32.2 billion and is part of the services sector. Shares are up 16.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Directv a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Directv as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Directv Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the media industry could consider PowerShares Dynamic Media ( PBS) while those bearish on the media industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Services ( SCC).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts