1. As of noon trading, National Oilwell Varco ( NOV) is up $1.37 (1.8%) to $77.46 on average volume. Thus far, 1.8 million shares of National Oilwell Varco exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $76.19-$77.46 after having opened the day at $76.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $76.09. National Oilwell Varco, Inc. provides equipment and components for oil and gas drilling and production; oilfield services; and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry worldwide. National Oilwell Varco has a market cap of $32.4 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 11.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate National Oilwell Varco a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates National Oilwell Varco as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full National Oilwell Varco Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the basic materials sector could consider Materials Select Sector SPDR ( XLB) while those bearish on the basic materials sector could consider ProShares Short Basic Materials Fd ( SBM).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts