Vector Group (NYSE: VGR) shares currently have a dividend yield of 9.80%. a private equity investment firm making investments in management buyout and recapitalizations; $1.4B of acquisitions in 1998; investments typically $150-200M enterprise value, annouced final closing of BRS & Co. II, L.P. The company has a P/E ratio of 30.94. The average volume for Vector Group has been 345,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Vector Group has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the tobacco industry. Shares are up 11.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Vector Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Tobacco industry. The net income increased by 246.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $3.90 million to $13.51 million.
- The gross profit margin for VECTOR GROUP LTD is rather high; currently it is at 52.25%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, VGR's net profit margin of 9.89% significantly trails the industry average.
- VGR, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 2.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 6.3%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- VECTOR GROUP LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, VECTOR GROUP LTD reported lower earnings of $0.30 versus $0.82 in the prior year.
- In its most recent trading session, VGR has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Vector Group Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts