Nam Tai Electronics (NYSE: NTE) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.50%. Nam Tai Electronics, Inc. provides electronics manufacturing and design services to the original equipment manufacturers of telecommunication and consumer electronic products. The company has a P/E ratio of 4.82. The average volume for Nam Tai Electronics has been 637,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Nam Tai Electronics has a market cap of $358.4 million and is part of the electronics industry. Shares are down 41.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Nam Tai Electronics as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NTE's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 4.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 64.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- NTE has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, NTE has a quick ratio of 2.15, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. In comparison to the other companies in the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry and the overall market, NAM TAI ELECTRONIC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- NAM TAI ELECTRONIC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, NAM TAI ELECTRONIC turned its bottom line around by earning $1.47 versus -$0.01 in the prior year.
- You can view the full Nam Tai Electronics Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts