Top 5 Yielding Hold-Rated Stocks: ACC, MFA, POM, DRE, DBD
Pepco Holdings (NYSE: POM) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.80%. Pepco Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the transmission, distribution, and supply of electricity. The company also distributes and supplies natural gas. The average volume for Pepco Holdings has been 2,280,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Pepco Holdings has a market cap of $4.6 billion and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are down 5.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Pepco Holdings as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its generally strong cash flow from operations. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $111.00 million or 9.90% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, PEPCO HOLDINGS INC's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 17.92%.
- POM, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 16.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.6%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- PEPCO HOLDINGS INC's earnings per share declined by 30.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PEPCO HOLDINGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.17 versus $1.14 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 4.3% in earnings ($1.12 versus $1.17).
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Electric Utilities industry and the overall market, PEPCO HOLDINGS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Electric Utilities industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 32.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $62.00 million to $42.00 million.
- You can view the full Pepco Holdings Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV