Bank Mutual Corporation Stock Downgraded (BKMU)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- BANK MUTUAL CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, BANK MUTUAL CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.15 versus -$1.04 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.22 versus $0.15).
- The gross profit margin for BANK MUTUAL CORP is currently very high, coming in at 80.84%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, BKMU's net profit margin of 9.94% significantly trails the industry average.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 100.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 39.44% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 99.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.33 million to $2.65 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $14.51 million or 28.42% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 28.42%, BANK MUTUAL CORP is still significantly exceeding the industry average of -324.29%.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts