Newman Ferrara LLP is investigating potential claims against the board of directors of Astex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (“Astex”) (Nasdaq: ASTX) concerning the proposed acquisition of Astex by Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co.
Astex announced that it had entered into an agreement to be acquired by Otsuka, under which Astex’s shareholders will receive $8.50 in cash per share of Astex stock owned. However, according to an analyst at Brean Capital, the $8.50 offer price is “too low for investors and does not fully reflect the current value of Dacogen royalties, the potential of SGI-110, or ASTX’s portfolio of partnered compounds. We believe ASTX should reject any offer below $13 per share.”
Newman Ferrara LLP’s investigation concerns whether Astex’s Board of Directors has breached its fiduciary duties to act in the best interests of Astex’s shareholders and to take all necessary steps to ensure that Astex’s shareholders receive the maximum value readily available for their shares of Astex common stock.
Concerned investors may contact Newman Ferrara attorney Roy Shimon at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 619-5400 to discuss this investigation, their rights, or potential remedies.Newman Ferrara maintains a multifaceted practice based in New York City with attorneys specializing in complex commercial and multi-party litigation, securities fraud and shareholder litigation, consumer protection, civil rights, and real estate. For more information, please visit the firm website at www.nfllp.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV